Burlington Resident Voter Registration Information: To vote in a Connecticut general, local town or primary election, all voters must register in their town of residence. It is not necessary to register for a political party to vote in a general or local election. Party registration is required to vote in a party’s primary election. Voters can check their registration status at: CT.gov/lookup.
REGISTER IN PERSON AT BURLINGTON TOWN HALL: Burlington Town Clerk
Burlington Town Hall, 200 Spielman Highway
Burlington, CT 06013-1710
Phone: 860-673-6789 x2
Anita LaChance, Registrar of Voters (D) Phone: (860) 673-6789 ext.217 Burlington Voter Registration Information: Burlingtonct.us/voter-registration
ONLINE VOTER REGISTRATION: You can register online if you have a Connecticut driver’s license or DMV-issued non-driver ID. CT.gov/Register-Online-to-Vote
ELECTION DAY REGISTRATION (EDR): EDR permits anyone to register and vote in person on Election Day at Burlington Town Hall, from 6 am to 8 pm. You will need to provide proof of identity and residency.
ABSENTEE/MAIL-IN VOTING: In Connecticut, Registered voters can vote by absentee ballot for any of the following reasons:
- Absences from town during all election hours
- Illness or physical disability. This includes voters who are unable to go to their polling place because of a sickness or physical disability of another person, or because of the continued presence of a sickness, such as the COVID-19 virus.
- Active service in the United States armed forces
- Religious tenets, that forbid secular activity on election day
- Applications are available at the Town Clerk’s office in Town Hall: Burlington Resident Absentee Ballot Application
- Voters are encouraged to use the secure ballot drop box outside the Town Hall entrance to return their absentee ballot by Election Day. If you have any further questions concerning absentee voting, contact the Town Clerk at (860) 673-6789 x2 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the Connecticut Secretary of State Website at: CT.gov/Voter-Information/Absentee-Voting