Registered voters can vote by absentee ballot for any of the following reasons:
- Absences from town during all election hours
- Illness or physical disability
- Active service in the United States armed forces
- Religious tenets that forbid secular activity on election day
Please follow these steps to ensure that your absentee ballot vote is properly counted
Step 1: Obtain and submit an application
- Applications are available at the Town Clerk’s Office in Town Hall or can be downloaded from the Connecticut Secretary of State Website at: https://portal.ct.gov/SOTS/Election-Services/Voter-Information/Absentee-Voting
- Mail or drop off your completed application to the Town Clerk’s office.
- Beginning on October 1st, the Town Clerk will process your application, and send you an absentee ballot with a postage-paid return envelope.
- If you have any questions contact the Town Clerk at (860) 673-6789 x2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 2: VOTE – Fill out your absentee ballot
- ONE ballot per envelope
- SIGN AND SEAL the inner envelope (envelope B)
- Mark your ballot carefully. Completely fill in the bubble next to your candidate’s name
Step 3: Mail in your absentee ballot or drop it off at Town Hall
- Mail your absentee ballot to the Town Clerk’s Office or drop it in the secured drop box located outside the main entrance to Burlington Town Hall.
- Make sure it arrives at the Town Clerk’s office by Election Day, Tuesday, November 2, 2021, no later than 8:00 PM.
- Keep your eye on the calendar and get that ballot in on time
If you have already sent in your absentee ballot, you can check to see if it was accepted at: https://portaldir.ct.gov/sots/LookUp.aspx